Sunday, July 19, 2009

Praise

I just want to thank those of you who are praying for Yod. He came into class on Friday while we were teaching a few students, came over to me, and said, "Seven days." I didn't know what to think...."seven days?" What does that mean? He said, "Story, finish the story." Ahh! Yes, the story! And I did. I told him about sin and the Israelites and sacrifices. I told him about the Lamb of God who was a sacrifice for everyone. I told him that everyone has sinned. He agreed. I told him how we need a savior. He wasn't so sure. He believes that if one lives good enough then he can go to heaven. But what is "good enough?" We finished talking about these things, and I sensed that we should talk about something else. And we did.

About 20 minutes later, I sensed we should talk about the Bible again. And we did. I asked him to write a list of things that he thought God was like. He didn't really understand the exercise, but I wrote a list of things that I thought about God. I'll try to post that list later. Then I told the story of the Prodigal Son. When I teach about the Bible, I like to write most of what I say - at least the hard words. I also draw a lot of pictures (even though I'm an awful artist). I told the whole story about the Prodigal Son making sure he really understood it. At the end, I asked what do you think? He took my pen and circled one of the words I had listed about God - forgiving. Exactly! The father is a picture of our Father. I let him know that the story was important to me. It held meaning for me in my life. That seemed to make an impression on him. It wasn't just a random story. It had deeper meanings. That was all for that day. Please continue to pray that I get more opportunites to share the love of God with him.

stu

No comments:

Post a Comment