Wednesday, July 15, 2009

20 Days Left

There are 20 days left, and we're trying to make the most of it. We still have a couple of weeks of teaching and an English camp next weekend. And then back to America.

Please pray for my friend - we'll call him Yod cause that's his name. I asked him to tell me about the beginning. He personally believes we all come from a single cell (but who really knows?), and then I asked him to tell me what most Thai people believe. He told me an interesting story that truly was kinda cool. I told him what Christians believe. We walked through the 7 days of Creation. I had just finished talking about the first human sin, and then he had a phone call and had to go to a meeting. Please pray that God will give me another opportunity to finish the story and explain why we need a Saviour.

Thankfully others in our group have been able to talk about Jesus. It's refreshingly easy to speak about faith and God in this culture rather than my collegiate bubble.

Please pray that the Holy Spirit would move and convict and shed truth to our friends. I was talking with one of our missionaries last night at dinner about how it's not our responsibility to "win souls" or to "save people." We're called to be obedient. We also talked about how much faith it takes to believe that God sent his Son 2000 years ago to die on the cross and be raised to life. It's a ridiculous story. Think about how foolish it sounds. Pretend you've never heard about the Bible or God's love. Those are our friends - they haven't been taught about Jesus since the day they could form sentences. They've been taught Buddhism and how one must "make merit." Thankfully, it's the Holy Spirit's job to reveal real truth to people. We're called to be obedient.

stu

No comments:

Post a Comment