Sunday, May 24, 2009

An Introduction

Hi, I'm Stuart. This will be a place where I can share updates about my summer in Thailand. Hopefully it will be somewhat entertaining... :)


This is what I've been thinking about lately: faith drives out fear. I once heard a message from a good friend of mine in Athens on this subject. He said faith is the opposite of fear, and on the brink of traveling to a foreign land I know what he means. I have always had a fear of the unknown that has been paralyzing. I was home schooled until I was in the 10th grade, and it scared me to go to public school. Looking back there was nothing to be afraid of! The same happened with driving a car, going to college, auditioning for a choir, etc. I have been afraid of these things when there's no real threat or danger to be afraid of! But this is different....


I would normally be freaking out on the inside, and I hide my fear very well. But this time I know God will provide for me. I have faith that he will take care of me. I have faith that our ministry will succeed even if we never see the harvest of our labor. I am trusting God with my summer because he knows me better than I know myself. And amazingly, I am not afraid!


Romans 8:38-39
"And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow - not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below - indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord."


Paul hit the nail on the head with these verses. Having faith that God loves us and that He will be with us wherever we go will drive out the fear we have of the unknown, or of failure, or of our inadequacies. What a relief! Worrying takes up too much time anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment